I cannot begin to tell you how easy it is to use the Curvy Keepsakes Box Thinlits Die. These little gift boxes went together so quickly and they're the perfect size for a small gift...just what I was needing! I used the All is Calm Specialty DSP and Snowflake Embellishments, which are beautiful and perfectly appropriate for this particular day. We had our first snow of the season today!!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE SNOW!!!
Okay, back to the boxes...I find that they are sturdier if I use card stock, as opposed to Designer Paper, so I die-cut one box from Soft Sky card stock and then a second from the Designer Paper and layered the pieces together with Liquid Glue before assembling. The assembly is so easy...it's really just two steps. Step 1 - Overlap the square bottom sections and adhere. Step 2: Close the flaps. You're done!
The box is cute all by itself, so you could leave it as is or embellish it any way you like. For mine, I created a snowflake tag by stamping a snowflake onto Soft Sky card stock and heat embossing it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I punched it with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and tied the All is Calm Snowflake onto it. I also added a pearl to the center of the snowflake and tied a bow with Whisper White Seam binding...I love the shimmer in this ribbon!
In addition to the box die, there are three little tag dies included. To see the whole set Click Here to go to my online store.
- Many Merry Stars #138105 (photopolymer)
- VersaMark Pad #102283
- Soft Sky Card Stock #131203
- All is Calm Specialty DSP #135823
- All is Calm Snowflake Embellishments #137383
- Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits Die #135853
- 1 1/4" Circle Punch #119861
- 1/16" Circle Punch #134363
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine #113439
- Magnetic Platform #130658
- Heat Tool #129053
- White Stampin' Emboss Powder #109132
- Fast Fuse Adhesive #129026
- Liquid Glue #110755
- White Baker's Twine #124262
- Whisper White Seam Binding #134573
- Pearls Basic Jewels #119247